Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Monday 7 March 2016

Groovi

Hi Everyone
Hope you are all well and had a good weekend.  I was working yesterday morning but when I got home my two girls were waiting for me with flowers and pressies for Mothers Day.  They even whisked me off to our local pub for a glass or two of wine.  Felt very spoilt and loved.

For my birthday at the end of February I received some money and decided to treat myself to the Groovi board parchment system and some plates from Clarity Stamps.  My Mum has been using it for some time and produces some lovely cards.  It arrived on Friday and I finally got the chance to have a play this afternoon after work.  

Now it is not perfect but this is the result of my first attempt.


I used the music plates, a border plate and the nesting squares for the centre panel.  The sentiment was done using the alphabet on the plate mate and I coloured it from the back using my promarkers.  I attached the parchment to the backing card using some brads.  Some music based designer paper finished the card off nicely.

Thanks for popping by and would love to know what you think.  The Groovi system is so easy to use and I can it becoming quite addictive.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - ATG
Crafts Galore Encore - Make a card
Craftyhazlenut's Patterned Paper - ATG
Crafty Gals Corner - All about the boys
Crafting by Designs - ATG
Creative Moments - ATG
The Crafty Addicts - ATG
Crafting with an Attitude - ATG
613 Avenue Create - ATG
Craft Your Passion - ATG
Crafting from the Heart - ATG
Our Crafty Corner - ATG

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mags what a gorgeous card and I love your design.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Carol S. said...

This is a great card and brilliant for your first one. My first cards I made were using a light box and vellum. So this takes me back!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Wow! Looks great for being the first one! Great card for a boy! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Sharon said...

Pleased you had a lovely Mother's Day Mags. I saw none of it as I was at work for 16 hrs - very tiring.
Love what you have created with the Groovy plates. I love to watch Barbara on TV and now she has moved to Hochanda, she is on far more.
Beautifully designed and love the image.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

rachel said...

this is great Mags - my mum loves her groovi system! Not tried it myself! Big hugs rachel x

Dawn said...

Brilliant card! I love the design!
Hugs
Dawn xx

brenda said...

A super music inspired creation Mags.

Hope you have a god Tuesday.

B x

julie_woolston said...

Oh wow Mag's this is absolutely gorgeous, I bought the groovy starter kit some time ago but not had time to play.
Hugs Julie xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Mags! Your parchment/vellum looks fantastic! Beautifully layering and such lovely details! Thanks for joining us in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this looks fabulous Mags, I do love my Groovi too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lena said...

Gorgeous effect! Great card. I need to go visit my friend "Google" and find out all about this Groovi thing. Gasp ... I haven't heard about it before!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Hugs ~ Lena, DT
Lena’s Creations

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! Love the design and background paper! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Pamela said...

Lovely card and well done on your first attempt at the Groovi. I've joined Clarity's Groovi membership scheme where you get a 'mini' plate every month. I'm going to 'play' with the system this weekend.

Gale said...

Gorgeous card Mags. Love the design. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope you join us again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Mags this is sooo cool. I love the look of parchment but dont do much parchment craft as it is so hard on the fingers. Love how you used the new tools to create such a beautiful work of art...very inspiring
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Carole Pollard said...

Looks so pretty the parchment is so delicate looks forward to more creations So glad you had a lovely Mothers Day treat love and hugs Carole x

Unknown said...

Super card for a music lover. Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner. Helen DT

HeatherM said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
HeatherM

Chana Malkah said...

This is wonderful for a first attempt. Working with parchment is not easy. I still have trouble trying to decide which template and then to select the correct stylus. But the great thing is that whatever you do, it comes out looking lovely! Thanks for sharing your first masterpiece with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Emma said...

What a great card, thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Challenge for our ‘Make a Card’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x